On my person and in my pockets right now I have the following items listed below. I know you're thinking "Holy Cow, that's a lot of stuff!" Yes, it seems like it, but it's really not. I
have used all of it throughout the years at one time or another. Just having this stuff has saved my rear-end more times than I can count! You live, you learn, you plan for TSHTF, then hope
like Hades it doesn't. Check your every day carry kit against this basic check-list:
- On my right ring finger I wear a sterling silver "barter ring",
- About $2500 in bills, some loose change, and one credit card.
- A cold steel "Pocket Bushman" belt clip-on folding knife.
- A Leather-man multi-tool on my belt.
- On my keyring, there is a small button cell LED light, pepper spray, both a P-38 and a P-51 WWII Army style can opener, a Swiss Tech XDrive pocket driver tool (6-in-1), and a small
stainless steel pill container (with a rubber o-ring seal) containing 3 aspirin, 4 water purification tablets, and 5 phentermine (I have a friend who can't get a prescription for
phentermine, so he carries 200 mg caffeine tablets). I keep one set of keys in my right pocket, and a second set of identical keys in my left pocket in case I lock myself out out my house
or truck. On my daughter's keyring she she carries a "rape whistle".
- A clean handkerchief for improvising a face mask or a dirty water filter,
- A 3 inch AA battery powered waterproof LED mini-flash-light,
- A 10 foot Stanley PowerLock tape measure,
- A Ruger LCP .380 with extra clips in my right boot.
- A 6 inch throwing knife in my left boot. (Yes, I know how to use it well.)
- $250 under the insole of both boots. (I do not touch that money except for dire emergencies.)
- An ink pen and a Bic cigarette lighter in my shirt pocket,
- A chronograph wristwatch with alarm on my left wrist, and a para-cord bracelet with built-in whistle on my right wrist,
- Cellular phone (always keep your cellular phone at least one-half charged at all times).
A heavy leather money belt with a solid brass buckle (the belt was a gift from my mentor). On the inside of it there is a zippered compartment and in it I have:.
- A wire saw with split rings,
- Two 18 inch zip ties and two 28 inch zip ties,
- $500 cash,
- two 1 ounce gold coins
A leather trucker's wallet, containing the following: miscellaneous papers, cards, licenses etc, that any guy would have, But in the zippered back compartment I have:
- A thin plastic 2 inch by 3 inch Fresnel lens,
- A 2 foot by 3 foot piece of aluminium foil folded,
- One 1 gallon and one 1 quart zip-lock freezer bags folded up,
- A 10 foot coil of fine steel floral wire,
- A 20 foot coil of 15 lb mono-filament line with 4 fish hooks,
- A single-edged safety razor-blade,
- A small thin metal 6 inch file with the end ground down to a chiselled edge,
- A 1 inch x 3 inch thin diamond pocket dual sided stone (knife) hone with one side coarse grade and the other fine grade. This pocket stone doesn't require honing oil.
- 4 safety pins: 2 large, 2 small,
- 4 paper-clips 2 large, 2 small,
- four 8 inch zip ties,
- 4 one inch finger size bandages.